Frequently Asked Questions
Square Up API
Last Updated 8 months ago
- Go to your Applicaton Dashboard and sign in to your Square Account.
- If you already have an application you want to use for Square Checkout, note the Square-assigned Personal Access Token on the Credentials tab of your application's settings. Otherwise:
- Click New Application. You will use the authentication token for this application when you send requests to Square Checkout.
- Enter a name for your application (e.g., "My Store Checkout") and click Create App.
- Note the Square-assigned Personal Access Token on the Credentials tab of your new application's settings.
- Go to the Account & Settings > Locations section of your Square Dashboard. You will need to associate the transactions from your eCommerce site to one of your store locations. You can use one of your existing locations or create a new one.
- If you DO already have a location you want to use for your online store, note the location's nickname.
- If you DO NOT already have a location you want to use for your online store, click Create Locationand give the location a nickname (e.g., "mysite.com" or "My Website"). You can configure as much (or little) of the other information as you'd like. Square Checkout will only use the location nickname.